Tuesday, September 20, 2011

You are Good




It was by faith that Abraham offered Isaac as a sacrifice when God was testing him. Abraham, who had received God’s promises, was ready to sacrifice his only son, Isaac, even though God had told him, “Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted.” Abraham reasoned that if Isaac died, God was able to bring him back to life again. And in a sense, Abraham did receive his son back from the dead.
Hebrews 11:17-19

I think God is testing my faith now. How much do I trust in Him? in His Word? In His promises.. I know I don't have such faith like Abraham had. I mean, he was ready to give up his one and only Son.. I don't think it was easy for him to take that step.. to sacrifice someone whom he loved so much.. but he obeyed God because he knew God is good. He knew God is in control. He knew God has the power to work even in hopeless, dead situations. He knew the God whom he worshiped. He is Yahweh-Yireh, a God who provides.
Will I trust God with the lives that are so precious to me?
Will I surrender to Him and say, "Have Your way, Lord" ?

Father, I want to have such faith..faith to believe that You can do the impossible..
and that You are Good.


Things in the past, things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes, all of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to You.


No comments:

Post a Comment