Wednesday, July 8, 2009

life

I hate school...i mean i ..actually love MBS cuz i think it's better than my previous school. :) but i don't like to wake up early, attend boring lessons,n the bla bla things that i need to settle. haih.neways, i borrowed laz year school mag from bee siang so that i can haf a look at laz year's pks report ( bla bla includes writing pks report)...borrowed from her cuz i don't haf it..yeah i don't haf it..long story.

As i flipped through the mag, i came across this page that captured my attention. It was written by Tan Cheah Yeem (U6Sc1, 2008). I wonder how many of us actually read the whole school mag? I enjoy reading what she had wrote cuz it's really meaningful and
i believe she wrote it without copyin from any other resources. This shows that it was from the bottom of her heart.. and from what i've read, i can say that she's a wise person :)

She shared on how the poem entitled "Footprints in the Sand" impacted her and then she stated her opinions on what LIFE is all about. She feels that life is nothing more than a game of chess - how God and the devil play the
game. How God tries to keep us away and win us back from the devil. How everything goes according to His wonderful plans. How God uses our weakness and turns it into our strength. The definition of miracle is when God turns you into a person who will change the world. Life isnt just about excelling in our studies, it's about excelling in life itself.



Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”


Mary Stevenson, 1936

No comments:

Post a Comment