Thursday, May 26, 2011

true meaning of Grace

Last weekend, Pr.Mark Drake came over to our church to share about the topic on 'Grace'.
"What's the difference between mercy and grace?," he asked.
To me, there's not much difference, about the same lah.

But Pr.Mark Drake taught us about the true biblical meaning of GRACE!

Mercy is the undeserved and unconditional love of God for us. Mercy is important and essential. But this is not grace. Mercy by itself does not change who and what we are. God has mercy upon the whole world but it does not transform every life. Forgiveness alone does not transform the nature of a person.

But Paul clearly taught that we are saved because of God's mercy but we are saved by His grace.

Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),


What made me alive in Christ when I was dead in my transgressions?
The power of God's grace.




Grace = God's power working in and through a person.


You know what, i'm also in the process of unlearning and relearning.. if you want to know more about the true meaning of grace (power of God working in you and through you), then get this book 'God's brilliant plan' by Mark Drake. I don't normally invest my money on books..like seriously. But I invested on this. You must not miss out the meaning of grace!

Jangan kata I tak beritau! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment