Tuesday, August 9, 2011

kami kan kawan..?

Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. Ephesians 4:14-15




It's so easy to be someone who constantly agree with what your friend does or says, even when you know that it's not right.(I believe truths are found in the bible because it is the very word of God) I realised that I'm not a good friend. I'm always tempted to avoid telling the truth especially if the truth might hurt because it would be easier to remain silent.. And sometimes also to speak less than the truth because I do not want to offend my friends whom I treasure.. I actually care how they view me, what they think about me.. what if they don't like me after I tell them the truth? For example, sometimes, even if it's not ok, I would say 'Ya..I think it's ok'... how can we tell our friends it's ok when we clearly know that it's not ok?? what kind of friend am I?? And sometimes because I delayed in telling the truth, I see my friends suffer.. I see them fall. Do I really love my friends? "Love" is not "compromise". "Love" is not saying "Yes, I agree with you" all the time. Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

However, there is a fine line between someone standing up for truth out of love for the Word (the bible) and for the other person, and someone who knows that he or she is right and just wants to win the argument. So, before any talk of "speaking the truth in love", we are called to humility, which compels us to put others first.

We need someone in our life, who will not ALWAYS agree with what we do.. but someone who will constantly draw us closer to God and challenge us to soar higher with God. I thank God for placing people like that in my life, people who will correct me in love when I'm wrong.. although sometimes I refused to be corrected because of my own pride.. but I know it's good, I want to learn to accept corrections, so that I may be transformed to be more like Christ. May I also draw hearts back to God as God gives me the boldness to speak the truth in love.


Wounds from a sincere friend
are better than many kisses from an enemy.
Proverbs 27:6

No comments:

Post a Comment