Thursday, February 16, 2012

Comparison


Last Friday during campus meeting, our topic was on Comparison. Personally, I think Wai Wai really did a great sharing, it was real and relevant too. Why do we actually compare with one another? Don't you get tired of it??? Like seriously...
I didn't take down notes, haha but one thing that really stayed with me was envy.

Envy
Sometimes we don't want others to do better than us, prettier than us, smarter than us and the list goes on. It's either something that others have and we want to have it or something that others have and
we don't want them to have it!
Geli isn't it? but I can relate to this.



Today, our final results came out. I saw a lot of my coursemates asking one another about our results. Hmm, sounds normal kan? but I really wonder the intention of us asking this question? Is it really because we care, or because we intend to compare with one another to make us feel better if we score higher than our friends? Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry if you ask me about my results haha, I give glory to God for my results..but I'm just wondering..Do we really care? or Do we really compare? If we really care, then we should be able to celebrate with those who celebrate and weep with those who weep.

To be honest, I had enough of comparison since UPSR up to STPM and now university. I really don't like it. Not because I'm ashamed of my results (I have nothing to be ashamed of if i know i have given my best..), but because I know that comparison will tear people down. Comparison makes people feel that they are always not good enough.

One thing about my God is He never compares us. He created us the way we are and know all our weaknesses. His love for us compels us to do good, to be good. Nothing you can do to make Him love you more.


Father, I pray that I will not tear others down to make myself feel better. Forgive me. Help me to always know that my security is in You. Help me to know that my identity is also in You. Everything comes from You including wisdom. Help me to always encourage and speak life to the people around me. Strengthen me to do that Lord, In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment