Saturday, March 17, 2012

zaman kegemilangan?

I was a girl guide. a ranger. an active one! How come you no believe??? They do not believe that I spent hours tying gadgets and building campsites under the hot sun and rain. They do not believe that I was the president for 1st coy company and also the Assistant Unit Leader (Treasurer) for 12th Ranger Unit.. whyyyyy? i mean, whyyy not??? :p I used to go for drilling practices every day! every single day under the hot sun.. I used to be the drilling commander, giving people instructions tau :p *squad, pusing ke kanan, pusing!* *squad, baris sedia!* I also attended most of the gatherings and campfires..but never had the chance to go for TC2 (Sorry Timothy Gan, if you're reading this :p hahaha) But I did participated in Traplex, CTC, MBS Cooking Competition, Jota Joti, etc etc etc etc too many to remember! hahaha let you see some of my 'glorious' trophies :p




btw, overall means champion ok? :p





This is a personal trophy, ahem..I repeat, PERSONAL trophy. :p


So..the question is..what happened to Phang Carmen now? HAHAHA. I think the reason is simply because I'm getting old LOL. nah. Guiding used to be something that I treasure most. My passion, my pride, my hobby, something that I really really enjoyed.. but if I had a choice..if I knew Jesus earlier.. I don't think I would be so involved in girl guides/ranger. I would rather use that time, money and resources to do things that would count for eternity. Instead of being bossy and prideful with my own achievements, I would choose to invest that energy into people's lives and to bless others. Instead of discouraging and judging those members who were under me because of those trophies, how I wish I could speak life and words of encouragement to lift up these precious lives in God's sight. Instead of fighting very hard to win others' approval and strive to be in the top position, how I wish I knew my security and position in Christ.

But I know God's timing is perfect. He has a plan for me. I won't be where I am today if I didn't go through my 'past'.. It's great to see God works in my life. So evident. So real. So awesome.

You see those trophies that I tried to mengada-ngada just now?? Hahaha Actually they meant nothing to me now besides..some plastic decorations on the rack :) Worse thing now, is that I actually feel they are quite 'chor teng' lor. So dusty some more.hahaha.

You know, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand.

Hmm..really zaman kegemilangan meh? No lah.
I find my glory in the power of the cross :)

No comments:

Post a Comment