Wednesday, May 23, 2012

more than just a 'Bless campus'

I was on the way to dinner with my friend. As she drove pass the bak kut teh shop (near traffic light), i saw this aunty..the cleaner that we met the other day during Bless Campus. During 'Bless Campus', few of us helped her to sweep and mop DK foyer and  toilets around that area. And we were soooooo tired after that. We were wondering how a 68 year old lady could do this alone...every day. 
Seeing her washing plates at the bak kut teh shop, I was very surprised..why is she there? after working so hard in usm..now she is washing plates at the bak kut teh shop :( i feel so sad for her. 
I haven't been doing anything after 'Bless Campus' and i take this as a reminder from God to continue to be a blessing to those people around me - the cleaners, etc. 


Sometimes when I see things like that, I will tell myself.."It's ok...there are many people who work very hard for a living..how many can you help?"
But then I heard a still small voice in my heart telling me.. if I choose not to respond, not to do anything to what I saw..my heart will eventually be more hardened in the future. 
I hope to be able to drop by and buy her something to eat tomorrow. God's work doesn't end when it comes to the end of the semester. It ends only when Jesus comes back!



Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment