Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Aku sehelai getah

Some quick updates! :)

It's almost one month now ever since sem started! Wahh time flies. It was not a 'light and easy' month..hah! I felt like a rubber band.. I was being stretched most of the time..still is..I think? It's funny kan, how we always make prayers like "God, I pray that I will grow more in you..." but when trials and problems come, we blame God.. we asked questions like 'Why You allow this to happen?'..we grumble..complain, complain and complain. Well that's me =X Tien once asked this question, "Is refining fire really our heart's one desire?"





Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:2

Dear trials and problems, for the past weeks, you have caused me to grow closer to God..to constantly depend on God. You somehow showed me how weak I am, and how amazing and how great my God is. In a way, I thank you.. not that I hope you will stay in my life forever, but I know my God is able to bring me through all of you.

I may not understand why things happen.. but I'm believing that God allows it because He loves me. It can be very very hard and tough at times, but that's when my faith is tested..that's when refining fire is taking place. Do I really believe in His love? 

He who did not spare even His own Son, won't He also give us everything else? 

Throughout all these, I struggle..which is true.haha but I also learn.. I'm thankful for people whom He has brought into my life along the way. People who encourage,  support, motivate, pray and stand alongside me :) 


Especially Wai Quan..who is very patient with me hahaha :p who supported me all the way.. Who has worked hard behind the scenes. Without you, I won't be able to make it this far :) Thank you!


We also went down for FES Jubilee Celebration in PJ. It's awesome to see so many generations coming together! :) Young and old, muda dan tua! Also met Thomas Heng who started the CF in USM 40 years ago..waaahh :)




God who started this great work in USM will bring it to completion. :)


We were asked to bring a symbol that represents our experiences in campus..and all these symbols were then placed in this treasure chest as legacies of what God has done for us. As I look at all these symbols, I see God's faithfulness and goodness that overflow in our lives.. even the treasure chest couldn't contain it!


They also performed a mime on 'Find us Faithful.' :) 
This mime always serve as a reminder to me. 



I'm still keeping my plant, Faith.  Faith speaks to me a lot. heehee. There was once when some PKA leaders started posting the pictures of their plants on FB and theirs were like growing..tall and healthy. Mine was just small and..small, so I asked 'How come mine not growing?' Then I realized that I was actually comparing my Faith with others. In the same way, God never asked us to compare our faith with someone else.. it's not a comparison game that we are playing :) but we should rejoice with them when they are growing!




My faith is now a big big boy :)
and I'm proud of you!

To sum up, for the past month, I realized that there's 
nothing I can boast about myself.
If I want to boast, I can only boast in the Lord.

"For the Lord, my God is able."

No comments:

Post a Comment