Friday, November 9, 2012

Smartphones, not so 'smart' after all

Sad. Very sad.
Was having lunch with a friend at Genting Kopitiam and this boy was sitting right in front of me. I noticed him when he accidentally knocked our table while playing with the umbrella :) Then the boy sat down there eating quietly while his mum was playing with the smartphone. At first, I was really enjoying my laksa until I realised that his mum's attention wasn't on him but on the smartphone. Oh the 'wonders' of technology! It's just so sad and heartbreaking lah. Aunty, your boy needs your attention and love, not the smartphone. 

Maybe it's also a wake up call for us who are using smartphones as well. Ten years down the road, if you see me neglecting my kid(s) while playing with iphone22, I give you all the rights to dip my smartphone into my laksa soup..seriously.. 


Let us not lose sight of what's really important in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment