Tuesday, January 21, 2014

KL trip

Went down to KL last friday to visit some friends before I start my internship next month. Cause once internship start, it will be harder to find time liao..I wasn't really expecting anything from this trip other than just catching up with friends..but i've received so much :) So yays! It was good to meet up with Wai Quan and hearing from her experience as a young working adult. And what encourages me is to see her faithfully serving in her church.. Wai Quan leading youth bible study now, chewah :D

Met up also with Wai Yan and Tim :) Toured UM! :D It was interesting to hear their experience in Korea. Had fun just talking to them, sharing and fellowship :) Thank you Wai Yan and Tim for making time! Appreciate this friendship lots.


Then followed by Sweepers 2011 :) I guess the highlight is seeing how each and everyone has grown from where we were last time. Several of them are now involved or indirectly related to NGO work or helping the society :) Ah, so proud of them. Ernest, Huey Lin and Lynn shared on their experience as NGO workers now. What hit me most is when Lynn mentioned how she feels burnt out at times but yet she look forward to go to work each day. She doesn't earn much but at the same time, she doesn't spend much because of her surrounding and the group of people that she hang out with. Hearing from Lynn, I'm reminded again on this verse 'godliness with contentment is great gain'. I begin questioning myself..like, Will I want a job that can pay me well or a job that I look forward to each day? What is good quality life

Then, PKA-ians! Just like what Monica said, "Familiarity!" :) Guess what? We played bang and killed each other haha Apart from that, it's good to hear updates from them again la :) Last person I met before I left was Uncle Jeremy! :D Time flies lah, when we first met..he just started serving in FES..but now already 2.5 years. He also gave tips on how to be a good steward when I start working next time haha

Sweep 2011

 Mini sweepers reunion :)

Good friends since I was in first year :)

Pka-ians :)

This trip really has been fruitful :) I seriously never expect to hear so many stories of working life experience from my peers and different people along the way. It's like God purposely arranged this to prepare me for the working world. I feel loved because I know He cares even for the little things in my life :) Make me question myself more and at the same time.. asking God to show me the way. Trusting Him to lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment