Saturday, March 15, 2014

The transition

I've been wondering how some people can work and at the same time live for God in their workplace. It has been tough for me..very tough. I'd be so stressed up at work because of the need to perform, be efficient, quick and accurate in everything that I do. and meeting the endless expectations from superiors. I became selfish. Too busy to care, to love.. And I chose the easy way out - to leave.

Now I look at my church young adults or working adults with a different view. I begin to understand how challenging it can be to still actively being involved in life group meetings, prayers and church services..because working is already very tiring (not including the amount of stress you face at work). and also probably there are issues that they may face in their family, relationships, wealth, health?

Now I see them as living sacrifices that still choose to serve God in church despite their tiredness, people of God who try their best to be salt and light in wherever they are placed and giving generously back to God for missions, focusing on God's kingdom. I wish to be like them, one day.. 
and I hope it won't take me too long.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I do struggle to find the balance too. But I believe you will by God's grace. Always set our hearts on eternity :)

    ReplyDelete