Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love as Jesus loves

Went for street evangelism at love lane just now, together with the other nexus interns. Okay, let me tell you something. I used to hate street evangelism! Seriously. I like to evanglise but I consider myself as a picky person. Meaning I choose which group of people I want to go to. I went for street evangelism during SYM last year, I enjoyed it but not very much. Why? Because I felt the people there are dirty and smelly as most of them are homeless people. So evil right. Yes, I was like that.

I was so scared just now but I went anyhow. We separated ourselves into 3 differen
t groups - service, intercession and street evangelism. When they asked who wants to go for street evangelism, I raised my hand. I wanted to challenge myself - to be out from my comfort zone. Kelvin (Yes, kelvin again! haha), Yee Vonne, Timothy, Andrew and I were in the same group. As we were walking, we saw a prostitute and we walked towards her. I've seen this lady last time when I did street evangelism with the other sym-ers and she really freaked me out. This time, I was so scared when Yee Vonne asked me to pray for her. I DIDN'T WANT TO LAY MY HANDS ON HER. I WAS SCARED!!! But then I agreed because I don't want fear to hinder me from doing what God wants me to do, so I prayed.

After praying, we listened to her stories and we were trying to share the Good news with her. She was very open :) While the others were sharing, I felt that God is asking me to give her a hug. I was like "God, I can't do this!! I don't want to do th
is!!" The moment I said that in my heart, I felt that God is asking me "Are you my empty vessel?" And as she was sharing about her stories and all, I looked at her. I was watching her and my heart was moved. I felt from within me that God loves her very much. Very much. I asked her "Kakak, Boleh saya peluk kamu?" She said "Boleh.. Apa-apa saja." I gave her a hug and I said to her "Tuhan Yesus cinta kamu." And she smiled.

I'm keeping the long story short again. Heehee. I'm not trying to boast about me hugging a prostitute or what. The key point is I learned something very important today :) We always say "Love as Jesus loves" but why is it so hard to act it out. Today, I just feel that there is a breakthrough in me :) I'm now no longer afraid of street evangelism! I enjoyed myself so much today! :D You know, when you are ministering to people, you are actua
lly being ministered. When you give, you will receive much more! :D :D I want to show love towards people who are yearning for God's love! I don't care whether they are dirty or smelly. It's so easy to hug clean people..they smell good and all (because in church, we always hug each other when we are being told..easy kan?) but how many of us will actually hug those who really need our love and care?


Will you love as Jesus loves?

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, this is really encouraging. Keep it up! Check out this blog for christian teenagers. http://we-are-precious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete