Monday, August 15, 2011

hearts, protect them.

I think i've posted this link last year. The five pillars of manhood by Pr.Jaeson Ma. It's basically about how men should love and respect women. As I was just re-reading it, I agree whole-heartedly on what he had shared. But I would also like to add on, I feel it's not just how men should love and respect women.. Women should also do the same... It should be both ways, since we are all so precious to God.

"A real man of God will not only protect his woman physically, but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. He always has the highest good in his mind for her safety, well being and wholeness. This is for the Christian guys out there, don’t emotionally rape a sister, play with her heart and tell her you are just her brother or friend. That is BS. Man up. You either pursue a woman of God because she is God’s precious creation, or you don’t try touching it at all, or play with their hearts emotionally, unless you are willing to be up front and clear with your intentions and the direction of the relationship from the start. Emotional rape is as painful to a woman as physical rape. Women are emotional beings and their hearts are not to be played with. Protect your sisters heart." - Jaeson Ma


I think same goes to how women should relate to men? Personally, I'm still learning and this post serves as a reminder for me. We should not intentionally give wrong signals or message and give out fake encouragement to the opposite gender. We need to be clear with our intentions. As a girl, i mean, as a lady *ahem*, who doesn't enjoy being pursued? But love is simply NOT SELFISH. The bible says - Love your neighbour as yourself. "The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these.”(Mark 12:31). We also have the responsibility to protect our brothers' heart. If we need to flee from temptations, then FLEE. "Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." (2 Timothy 2:22)


The unfailing love from Jesus Himself is enough to banjir our hearts. May we open our hearts and let Him fill us. We are made complete in Christ! Don't let the enemies tell us that we are not valuable or less valuable compared to other girls, because of look, appearance, etc.. You are VALUABLE. We are all equally VALUABLE to God. We are all first class in His kingdom, no second class. Cheers!

Father, I pray that I will learn to protect my brothers and sisters' heart.. through my actions and words. So that I will not cause them to stumble and fall..but to be drawn closer to You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment