Sunday, June 24, 2012

The heart of a father

I'm somehow reminded about how my dad used to cane me with a rotan when I was young. I was quite naughty back then. Always fight with my brother :p Every time when he cane me, I would cry very loudly. Not just because it was pain physically (kena a lot of strokes ok) but also hati sakit :'( I would ask questions like, "Papa, You don't love me anymore?!!!" "WAaaaaaaaaaaa!"


Now as I grow older, I realised that my dad's heart was aching too when he hit me..but he did it anyway. Because he wants me to be a better person. He wants to teach me what is right and what is wrong. I suppose the same goes to our heavenly Father. He has been challenging me to do some things that I wouldn't want to do. I told him, "I am happy with what I am, where I am and who I am." But no, it was not enough.. He wants to korek out the dirt that I've kept in my heart - insecurities, bitterness, fears, disappointments, etc. because He desires to give me life and life abundantly!  He allows disciplines because He loves me.


For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. 
Hebrews 12:10-11






May we continue to learn the heart of our Father.

1 comment:

  1. I am encouraged! Like David, I believe you are a woman after God's own heart. :)

    ReplyDelete