Sunday, August 19, 2012

A day to remember

Today is a day to remember.

Today, I witnessed reconciliation. It is such a beautiful moment/sight :') I admire his boldness, humility and selflessness to ask for forgiveness from the congregation. He caused me to examine my own heart - my evil intentions, thoughts. He taught me (or rather showed me) what it means to humble oneself before God and make every effort to maintain peace and to bring reconciliation.

Thank you very much.


"Jesus desires to heal our wounds. But we often do not let Him heal them because it is not the easiest road to take. It is the path of humility and self-denial that leads to healing and spiritual maturity. It is a decision to make another's well-being more important than your own, even when that person has brought you great sorrow. Pride cannot travel this path, but only those who desire to maintain peace at the risk of rejection. It is a trail that leads to humiliation and abasement. It is the road that leads to life."
 - Bait of Satan by John Bevere

No comments:

Post a Comment