Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hands Up for Children!

Hands Up for Children Campaign! 



Went for 'Hands Up for Children' Walk-a-thon with Fong Wan at Gurney Drive this morning! :) (Thank you Ah Wan!) Also went for the exhibition in the mall after the walk. In the midst of busyness (assignments, CF, etc), I'm glad that I took time to come out and see what's really happening in this world..apart from 'my own world'.


So true..it's a good reminder.


The stage.


This campaign is organized by World Vision.. and I'm pretty impressed at the amount of effort that they invested to make impact in these children's lives :) 


Healthcare 
Simple mosquito nets put smiles on their faces :)







Happy faces when they get access to clean water :)



Clean water is something that we normally take for granted because we can access to them so easily. But other children walk the extra miles just to get clean water.


I remember asking myself,"Why do I need to study?" until I went for SWEEP and realized that education can help to break the chains of poverty in poor families. There are millions of children who walk for hours just to get to school..poorly equipped schools.. because education is the way for them to get out of poverty.

Sometimes this kind of campaign/walk seems so small and insignificant.. and it's not like I'm so rich that I can sponsor a child since I haven't even started working..but maybe by being aware of it and giving it the attention it deserves is the first step to everything. Perhaps one thing that I've pick up from this campaign is: No action is too small.


The question that keep coming to me after this campaign is:
What am I going to do with my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment