Friday, November 30, 2012

She asked me, "Why God wants to do this to me?" and then tears rolled down her cheeks.. I was speechless.. because I don't have the answer. I came back to my room and asked God.. "Why?"

Isaiah 53:4-5
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
    it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
    a punishment for his own sins!
But he was pierced for our rebellion,
    crushed for our sins.

He was beaten so we could be whole.
    He was whipped so we could be healed.
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.
    We have left God’s paths to follow our own.
Yet the Lord laid on him
    the sins of us all.

Jesus was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. When bad things happen, we think that God wants to punish us for our wrongdoings.. we doubt God's love for us. But if He really desire to punish us, why would He punished His beloved Son 2000 years ago?

I don't know why.. but the truth is He did not spare even His own son but gave Him up for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment