Friday, January 4, 2013

my first experience

Last Wednesday, I saw two people who were sitting next to me whispering to one another in the exam hall. And it was so obvious to me that they were trying to exchange answers. For the first time in USM, I witnessed with my own eyes. I was so angry. I cannot tahan. So I AHEM AHEM and stared at them for a while. They saw me staring at them, lol.. then they stopped for a while but then continued again later on. I got so irritated. Then I AHEM the second time! (meaning I'm already giving you the second chance..) but they refused to stop. If you fail the paper after trying with your own effort, I will respect you for that.. because at least you tried.. rather than doing this kind of thing. 


I remember last time my church friend shared the same experience.. and when he did not stand up for justice, I was like "Ehh where can? If i were you, I will tell the invigilator." But yesterday when I was in that situation, I realised that it was not as easy as I thought loh. My heart was beating really fast.. and I was like thinking, Omygosh, what should I do??.. I cannot pretend like I didn't see because I really saw. I wanted to raise my hand and tell the invigilator but I was so afraid hahaa..what if they take revenge on me? scratch my car? kill my gold fish? etc Then I was just thinking to myself, ".. if you choose not to stand up for what is right..then next time you don't have the right to tell others to do it.."

To cut the long story short, in the end I handed up my answer script about 20 minutes before time (I finished kinda early, that was how I saw them whispering). I went to the front, informed my lecturer who was also invigilating (but I use the word 'suspect'..so that he can check on them first) and raaaaaaan back to my room! Takut they know I was the culprit (if they find out about my blog, I'm so dead) hahaha Later, I found out from my course mate that my lecturer went to them and asked them not to talk. 

From this experience kan, I know how coward I am. hahaha Like, you want to do it but you're afraid to do it. Eg; sitting a roller coaster. Sometimes standing up for justice and for what is right is really not easy.. especially for coward like me.. haha but can start small..and start some where. Because I think it is not right to let our fears hinder us from doing what is right. #stilllearning


2 comments:

  1. carmen! i really respect your courage to stand up for what is right :) indeed it isn't easy, i need to find in me a lot of courage to do things right too. thanks for this testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha this experience actually challenged my conviction too.i stil got long way to go..and so much to learn.. we shall learn together! :D

    ReplyDelete