Friday, February 8, 2013

Never really heard from Hannah Yeoh before.. except for a few tweets on twitter and a few posts on her blog.
But this sharing is really inspiring :)
Hannah Yeoh's sharing at DUMC

Listening to this, I'm reminded of this dream that I used to have..which was to become a millionaire by the age of 30 haha and how I planned to study in Australia, be rich, help my whole family to migrate and never come back to Malaysia.. But somehow God intervened.. it was the same verse (Jeremiah 29:11) that led me to Form 6..and changed my life.


"...When I first won, I was always complaining.. inside me, throw tantrum at God.... and I said, 'I don't want to do this for You anymore. I want to do my own thing, I want to lead my own life'. And I remember one conversation I had with a pastor over dinner and he said this to me, 'If you are constantly discouraged, if you are constantly looking for encouragement in your work..and looking for only the good things in your work..you know, if Christ behaved like you..He would not have gone to the cross."


It's amazing how God works. 
Plans for good and not for disaster,
to give us a future and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment