Friday, May 3, 2013

Jom balik undi

The best article that I've read so far..saw it on FB :)
To my dearest BN supporting friends

I know that there are still some of you who refused to go back to vote. When we had casual conversation, you said you're lazy to go back to vote. As a penangite, I don't really know how to persuade you because I don't have to travel for hours to go back to my hometown.. but I'm very certain that if I were you, I will still go back to my hometown just to cast my vote. It is not like you do not know about the corruption or injustices that are happening in Malaysia, but perhaps it is because you don't see them affecting you much.


Maybe because you have forgotten about the poor, the marginalized, the needy.. most of us haven't really seen them. I've been to Sabah Mission trip and that's when I realised that many of them who are living in kampungs don't even have proper electricity - they use generators at night. The toilets are awful because they do not have proper piping. They don't really have clean water, they have cloudy water or air sungai. I have yet to see with my own eyes; the orang Asli, the penan people..I've only heard about them and how they are mistreated. 56 years of ruling by BN with many developments (KLIA, KLCC, Monorail, etc) happening around us, why are the people in rural areas still suffering? Living in cities or even small towns, we do not know what it is like to not be able to afford food.. because most of the times, we only busy asking, "What to eat ah?"

... or maybe, you just couldn't care less? "One vote only what..it doesn't make a difference!" "It is impossible to change, there is no hope." I want to remind us that truly, Change begins with us. There is no hope simply because you refuse to hope. To be honest, I feel very angry and disappointed whenever I hear of my friends not going to cast their votes especially when they are believers.. so much about 'praying and loving' Malaysia, the least you could do is to cast your vote. If you still refuse to go back to vote this Sunday, no doubt I will feel disappointed.. but I will still respect you as my friend..I will still love you for who you are.. but then I want you to ask yourselves if this is the value that you want to pass down to your children in the future? 



If you call yourself a 'Malaysian', then I urge you,
 Dear fellow Malaysians..
 jom balik undi.

No comments:

Post a Comment