Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Post GE 13

After GE 13, I was talking to a few christian friends about the whole election thingy..As we were talking, I was questioning myself and reflecting on how I responded towards the current situation in Malaysia.

I was reading this book called the 'Bible and the Ballot' and there are really some good points that the authors pointed out which include;
"True change will only come when sinners are transformed by the gospel. No human leader can bring this about. But as representatives of the coming kingdom of God, Christians are to live by Kingdom of God, Christians are to live by Kingdom values in every sphere of it. And this includes coming out to vote."
"Must not give in to politics of hatred or ridicule."
"And at the end of the day, I know Jesus is coming back to usher in the new heaven and the new earth, so I know that righteousness, justice and compassion will win in the end. In the meantime, miracles are always possible. That is God's responsibility. My responsibility is to do the right thing."
"To pray is to reckon that the One who has the final say is God. By praying, we communicate hope instead of defeat."
"To love the enemy is to acknowledge his weaknesses and struggles and to recognise that the nature of political life is always in the process of development and change. While we are open to reconciliation with those who persecute us, we must not shy away from political engagement nor neglect our duty to secure basic human rights for society at large."

In the midst of speaking up, am I reflecting His values? In the midst of standing up for what is right, am I blinded by hatred or anger? 
As much as I want to see a better Malaysia,I need to keep in mind that all earthly kingdoms will soon fade away..only His Kingdom will last for eternity. I need to remember to live by Kingdom values and draw people into His Kingdom. I need to keep my focus on eternity. 
And Timothy posted on Enzyme Agents forum, "Whether BN is the government or not, please don't give up on them. As much as we want to see change don't neglect praying for God to purify their hearts and change them from within as well. Because the God I know still loves them and has not and will never give up on them. Don't let the hate for their actions blind you from the fact that our Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for them too. He came to seek and save the lost.", 
which made me realised how much more I need to pray for the current government..for their salvation..and that I should remind myself again and again - to attack issues, not individuals..and hate sins, not sinners. There is so much more to learn.. change, I must!

No comments:

Post a Comment