Friday, August 30, 2013

A day at Kawan

Went to Kawan (a centre for the homeless) with Joanne two days ago. It was just a very random plan since Jessica is helping out in Kawan now. Yet it was so timely because we met a group of koreans who are here for a short mission trip. So nice to get to know people our age but from a different country :) Managed to talk to a few of them and it's really interesting to share with one another; our culture, thoughts, experiences and also our common interest - RUNNING MAN :p 

It has been quite some time since the last time I visited Kawan..but it was really nice to be there again. There was no proper schedule or timetable for worship, bible study or sharing.. but everything is just so random la. haha and it's very cute because the moment someone starts playing guitar or singing, some old people sing along even though it's just a 'worship practice'..People clap, people dance, people look at you :p And there was this uncle who sang really loud and out of tune :D but I could see so much passion in him from his facial expression :) I'm reminded again on heart of worship :) Thank you, uncle.

And because everything is just so random there, I was asked to do hokkien translation on the spot for Rowen who was sharing the word. Wah lau. haha but thank God everything went well i guess. Have to brush up my hokkien though..a lot of hokkien terms I didn't know eg; promise, heaven, forsake.. haha but it was a good experience. I realize that I do enjoy randomness too :D wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment