Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Crutches

It's hard to see the people whom you love go through pain..yet you feel helpless? Sometimes I'm not sure if I should be there.. It's like I hope to encourage her by being there but at the same time I also cannot tahan seeing her in pain. Sometimes even to a point where I don't even know what words of comfort I can say? I don't know what else I can do except pray, pray and pray.  I thought I could help by just being there and encourage her parents too. But things turned the other way round, somehow. I was encouraged by her parents. Despite all the things that his daughter is going through, he was sitting right outside the physiotherapy room, reading a book entitled "God is good".. I was like "Wow". What an encouragement. What a living testimony! The parents were talking to me as I sat down there, just listening. Her mum started to share her stories and I was deeply encouraged. Sometimes when we don't see them being 'vocal' in church, doesn't mean they are not living out loud for God. Yet she said, "I'm not great, God is great".




"He is a God who knows it all,
God of miracles,
and a God who heals." - Quoting her.


2 comments:

  1. sometimes its okay of not knowing what words to say, your action and presence is more than enough :)

    ReplyDelete